1. Calling each other “bitch,” “hoe,” “slut,” or anything else of that nature.
2. Concerning ourselves with how much or how little sex we are having and judging others based on how often and with whom they are doing it with.
3. Believing that there is nothing worse than being fat.
4. Obsessing about weight to the point of developing unhealthy habits and even disorders.
5. Comparing our lives to those of other women (and men, actually).
6. Being most concerned about how we look and what we’re wearing.
7. Classifying positions of power with “and she’s a woman!” There should be no “woman” leaders– just leaders.
8. Being afraid of higher numbers: age, weight, dress size. It’s like we’re all supposed to do everything possible to avoid admitting if we have numbers outside of the proverbial bracket of being “okay:” lie about our age, starve ourselves, etc.
9. Being angry and feeling oppressed and lessened by society’s imposed beauty standards but abiding by them anyway.
10. Taking a backseat in the whole “having a choice” thing and trusting that legislators will take care of it for us… or simply not caring at all about women’s issues.
11. Shying away from calling ourselves feminists when our beliefs would indicate such just because we don’t want the “label.”
12. Shaming and/or blaming other women for anything, but namely, sexual assault.
13. Being ashamed of or feeling the need to pretend that natural bodily functions like menstrual cycles or pubic hair don’t exist.
14. Saying that someone isn’t married in the context of oh, it’s a tragedy, but she was able to have a decent life anyway!
15. Feeling like you must have children eventually.
16. Thinking we are any less able and deserving of equal pay, time at the bar, active sex lives and legislative equality and representation.
17. Faking it.
18. Skinny shaming.
19. Fat shaming.
20. Deciding what a “real woman” is and what is not.
21. Concerning oneself with aging and the products designed to combat a natural process that you should be proud of: proud that you made it so far, and proud that you have wisdom lines on your face.
22. Obsessing over ending up alone.
23. Being okay with “chick lit” being regarded as a joke and something lesser because it’s lighter, more feminine, less serious and overall for women, so obviously, not as significant.
24. Using the terms “pussy” or “woman” as insults against men.
25. Complaining about relationships and friendships to the point of downright talking dirty behind people’s backs but never doing anything about it otherwise to mend or dissolve the relationship.
26. Calling each other crazy.
27. Being friends with people we don’t like because we don’t want to “start drama” and we’re inclined to “keep the peace.”
28. Wearing anything that makes us uncomfortable, just because we feel like we need to do so to be attractive.
29. Playing dumb or otherwise lessening oneself for the sake of being more attractive to a prospective other.
30. Accepting blame where we are not to be blamed."
— 30 Things Women Need To Stop Doing. (via saintgermain-xo)
"Oh Lord. Give me coffee to change the things I can change, and red wine to accept the things I can’t."
and wisdom to know when to just reach for the vodka instead.
jeez i would love to order that thing online, but i don’t know what size to order it in because women’s clothing sizes are determined by the alignments of the planets in relation to the fuck you galaxy
Had the nicest night last night. The boy and I have been so stressed lately (aka the past month) that we haven’t really just calmed down and chilled. Well watch movies or eat dinner or go out, but were always ON if that makes sense. Then last night I put our new satin sheets on the bed. I was just laying in bed naked and he comes home, pulls the ice cream out of the freezer, gets naked too, and starts feeding us both ice cream in bed. Stupid I know but so cute. Then we just laid in each others arms, not even tryna have sex just cuddling, talking about our days and our lives together. For like an hour and a half. We were both calm and sleepy and didn’t fight (were both normally fight pickers). So nice to just relax with the boy I love. I’ve been having bad dreams lately, but I fell asleep in his arms on satin sheets and slept so soundly
oh my god i’m fucking sick of this generation’s mentality that your sadness is beautiful and somebody will fix you and all this fucking john green shit nobody will find you in a bookstore reading bukowski and want to lie with you and nobody will kiss your scars and you will not be like effie and freddie you’ve got to be your own fucking hero and surround yourself with positivity
i’m sorry but this so much this
I didn’t like how this movie portrayed mental illness but I’ll be damned if Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t my spirit animal in this.
December 2nd Taurus Horoscope
It’s a time for turning over a new leaf, dear Taurus, and with the New Moon occurring today, emotions are heightened. In the days and weeks to come, you will feel revitalized, and it’s an ideal time to break a bad habit, even if it’s merely a bad attitude or superstition…
"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" - Paul Walker.
My boyfriends mom held my hand when we heard the news and said “all that beauty…GONE.”
when youre wearin a cute outfit in winter and someone is like “aren’t you COLD” excuse me you are weak and your crops will never last the winter with that attitude